Potential urban farming after the Lytton Rd widening?
There’s a new green space that adjoins Mowbray park and not far from ferry that will be complete after the Lytton road widening is finished in 2019. There will be cycleways and in a good spot to be available for all who travel via ferry, bus or bike. 300 trees are planned to be planted along that corridor and several streets have been closed/culdesaced to allow for the creation of this green space alongside Lytton Rd.
It would be a great place to have community gardens especially if it could be integrated into the existing development plans for this space.
- Address11 Eskgrove St, East Brisbane QLD, Australia
- LocationArarat Rural City Council
- Type of gardenCommunity Garden
- Land OwnerBrisbane city council
- Water sourceMains water
- Garden StatusWell functioning and active
- Access typePermanent
- Management structureAll private growing plots
- On site compostingYes (accepts compost material from garden members only)
- Open to new membersYes
- Measuring - Are you measuring any metrics with Farming concrete?Waste diverted from landfill by composting
- By esutherl
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org